- BA, LLB, University of the Witwatersrand
- PhD, Philosophy, University of Oxford
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada
David Dyzenhaus’s research interests include legal and political philosophy, and constitutional and administrative law.
Philosophy of Law, Social and Political Philosophy
- Hard Cases in Wicked Legal Systems: South African law in the perspective of legal philosophy (1991)
- Legality and Legitimacy: Carl Schmitt, Hans Kelsen and Hermann Heller in Weimar (1991)
- Judging the Judges, Judging Ourselves: Truth, Reconciliation and the Apartheid Legal Order (1999)
Dyzenhaus has also published more than 100 academic articles and edited collections, and has edited or co-edited 10 collections of essays. He is also the editor of Cambridge Studies in Constitutional Law and the University of Toronto Law Journal.