Are you interested in being a TA in PHL100Y1 for 2017-18?
The Socrates Project offers undergraduate exceptional senior undergraduate students to become teaching assistants (TAs) for PHL100Y1 (Introduction to Philosophy).
In addition to your responsibilities as a TA, you will be required to take the Socrates Project Seminar (PHL489Y1) which provides you the opportunity to learn more about the material taught in PHL100Y and work individually with a faculty member on a research project.
Applications for the 2017-2018 school year are now closed. Please check back again in the winter for next year’s spring application deadlines. The Socrates Project 2017-2018 application form is available as a PDF.
- Enrolled in the 3rd or 4th yr of an undergraduate philosophy major, specialist or joint specialist program on the St. George campus.
- Good prior knowledge of the subject-matter of the course.
- Minimum A- average in philosophy courses preferred.
- Leading two tutorial groups (one hour each per week) and related preparation and activities.
- Grading of student work and related activities.
- Attending approximately half the lectures.
- Meeting with the Course Instructor/Socrates Project Facilitator as required.
- Attending TA training sessions (The first will be likely held between Sept. 1-4, 2017).
- Reasonable student contact hours.