- BA, Saint Louis University
- PhD, Columbia University
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of California, Riverside
Andrew Franklin-Hall’s research interests include ethics, philosophy of the emotions, social and political philosophy, bioethics, and philosophy of education.
Bioethics, Ethics, Social and Political Philosophy
- “On Becoming an Adult: Autonomy and the Moral Relevance of Life’s Stages,” Philosophical Quarterly 63 (April 2013), 223-247.
- “Creation and Authority: The Natural Law Foundations of Locke’s Account of Parental Authority,” Canadian Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 42, Nos. 3/4, (September/December 2012).
- Book Review of Jonathan Wolff, Ethics and Public Policy: A Philosophical Inquiry (Routledge, 2011). Journal of Applied Philosophy 29 (August 2012): 266-268.
- Book Review of Norvin Richards, The Ethics of Parenthood (Oxford University Press, 2010). Journal of Value Inquiry 46 (March 2012):117–121