William E. Seager
- BA, University of Alberta
- MA, University of Alberta
- PhD, University of Toronto
Prof. Seager did his undergraduate degree and MA in Edmonton at the University of Alberta, then moved to Toronto for his PhD which he completed in 1981. His research has been mostly in the philosophy of mind. He has published many articles in that area and two books, Metaphysics of Consciousness (1989) and Theories of Consciousness (1999). He is presently working on yet another book on consciousness, on the topic of the emergence of consciousness.
For more information visit Prof. Seager’s personal website.
Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Science
- Theories of Consciousness: An Introduction and Assessment. London: Routledge, 2016. 2nd edition.
- Metaphysics of Consciousness. London: New York, 1991.
- “A Cold Look at HOT Theory” in Gennaro, Rocco J. Higher-Order Theories of Consciousness: An Anthology. Amsterdam: John Benjamins Pub, 2004.
- “Emotional Introspection.” Consciousness and Cognition 11, no. 4 (2002): 666-87.