- This event has passed.
Philosophy Saturday: A Workshop for High School Philosophy Teachers
Saturday November 10, 2018, 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
For the first time ever, the U of T Department of Philosophy and the Ontario Philosophy Teachers’ Association present Philosophy Saturday, a workshop for high school educators on teaching philosophy.
While the workshop is designed for area high school philosophy teachers, we encourage all members of the U of T philosophy community to attend. The event is free and lunch will be served.
★ If you would like to attend, please RSVP to OPTA’s Ken Peglar at firstname.lastname@example.org
12:00 to 1:00
- Welcome by Acting Chair, Professor Arthur Ripstein.
- During lunch there will be an informal discussion of philosophy writing by Professor James John and Stephanie Gibson, a GTA high school philosophy teacher.
1:00 to 4:00 – three one-hour sessions (order TBA).
- Professor Jennifer Nagel: “Epistemology in the Digital Age.”
- Professor Peter King: “Teaching Medieval Philosophy.”
- Professor Julia Nefsky: “Teaching Moral Philosophy.”