Applications for the 2020-21 session are now closed.
Are you interested in being a TA in PHL101Y1 for 2020-21?
The Socrates Project offers senior undergraduate students the chance to become teaching assistants (TAs) for PHL100Y1 (Introduction to Philosophy).
In addition to your responsibilities as a TA, you will be required to take the Socrates Project Seminar (PHL489Y1) which provides you the opportunity to learn more about the material taught in PHL101Y and work individually with a faculty member on a research project.
- Enrolled in the 3rd or 4th yr of an undergraduate philosophy major, specialist or joint specialist program on the St. George campus.
- Good prior knowledge of the subject-matter of the course.
- Minimum A- average in philosophy courses preferred.
- Leading two tutorial groups (one hour each per week) and related preparation and activities.
- Grading of student work and related activities.
- Attending approximately half the lectures.
- Meeting with the Course Instructor/Socrates Project Facilitator as required.
- Attending TA training sessions in late August or early September.
- Reasonable student contact hours.
We are now accepting applications for the 2020-21 Socrates Project. The 2020-2021 Socrates Project application form is available as a PDF and can be downloaded here. Applications must be received by March 20th, 2020.
Applications should be submitted to:
The Socrates Project Application Box in the bank of essay boxes on the 5th Floor of 170 St. George St.
Eric Correia, Undergraduate Administrator
170 St. George St., Rm. 403
Toronto, ON M5R 2M8
OR by email to email@example.com