We are currently accepting applications for the 2021-22 Fall/Winter session.
Are you interested in being a TA in PHL101Y1 for 2021-22?
The Socrates Project offers senior undergraduate students the chance to become teaching assistants (TAs) for PHL101Y1 (Introduction to Philosophy – Thematic).
In addition to your responsibilities as a TA, you will be required to take the Socrates Project Seminar (PHL489Y1) which provides you the opportunity to learn more about the material taught in PHL101Y and work individually with a faculty member on a research project.
- Enrolled in the 3rd or 4th yr of an undergraduate philosophy major, specialist or joint specialist program on the St. George campus.
- Good prior knowledge of the subject-matter of the course.
- Minimum A- average in philosophy courses preferred.
- Leading two tutorial groups (one hour each per week) and related preparation and activities.
- Grading of student work and related activities.
- Attending approximately half the lectures.
- Meeting with the Course Instructor/Socrates Project Facilitator as required.
- Attending TA training sessions in late August or early September.
- Reasonable student contact hours.
- Tutorials will be held in-person (subject to public health guidelines)
We are now accepting applications for the 2021-22 Socrates Project. The 2021-2022 Socrates Project application form is available as a PDF and can be downloaded here. Applications must be received by March 23rd, 2021.
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org